The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Calling all dodgys ???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ollie123
Dodgy Dubber
ollie123

Calling all dodgys ??? Empty
PostSubject: Calling all dodgys ???   Calling all dodgys ??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi to all, just purchased a 1.3 petrol mk2 golf as a daily whilst i repair my written off caddy, anyway before i brought it blipped it up road everything seemed ok, trailered it back due to no tax, so now ive got it on road, and its sitting very hot for some reason, now it has recently had a head gasket, (you can see the new gasket), ive got good heat at heaters, after any amount of driving you can undo header tank with out it boiling over it just gives the normal little hiss, no cross contamination, now today ive drained and flushed the whole system, put a new rad fan switch on a fan wasnt working and now is, and a new thermostat, and re filled it with about 60/40 coolant and water, and its still reading abetween 50% and 75% on temp guage, dosent matter wether ur sat still doing 80, with heaters on full blast or not, i need to drive it but obviously dont want to kill it, just wondered if any of you lovely lot could shed any light on my little problem... any help much appreciated, solve it and ill treat you to a beer at the next meet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: Calling all dodgys ???   Calling all dodgys ??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 am

maybe it just runs hot.

if theres no pressure behind the header tank then you can presume that the head gasket is alright.

if youve got heaters then the system is not blocked and has no air locks.

did you use any cheap non genuine parts? generally cheap sensor type parts never work as well genuine VAG.

the only other part you may of neglected is the waterpump, however it sort of sounds like your cooling system still works.
Back to top Go down
ollie123
Dodgy Dubber
ollie123

PostSubject: .   Calling all dodgys ??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 am

yea mate they were just wilco parts, quick and simple and i didnt have to wait for them Smile ive been told the small block 1.3 engines do run warm so we will see what happens, cheers for ya advice buddy Smile
Back to top Go down
ash
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Calling all dodgys ???   Calling all dodgys ??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:57 am

Alryt mate mine sits at half or just over all the time since I've owned it mate I was told it was just how mk2 1.3 are mines bin fine for 18 months don't worry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling all dodgys ???   Calling all dodgys ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling all dodgys ???
Page 1 of 1