The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Water Leak.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Water Leak. Icon_cry Help please,
Have just found my MKIV floor pan full of water. Carpets and sound proof water logged. Only on drivers side though. Checked sunroof drain. Headlining and A post trims all dry. Any other ideas? Dino. Water Leak. Icon_cry Water Leak. Icon_cry Water Leak. Icon_cry Water Leak. Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:27 pm

hello buddy long time no see ,just asked my mate barbeeboy and he said it could be heater matrix ,check to see if engine is loosing any water .the water on the carpet does it smell sweet if so possibly heater matrix,,,,, Water Leak. Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
Dodgy Dubber

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Trouble wrote:
hello buddy long time no see ,just asked my mate barbeeboy and he said it could be heater matrix ,check to see if engine is loosing any water .the water on the carpet does it smell sweet if so possibly heater matrix,,,,, Water Leak. Icon_scratch

Yeah dude was gunna say the same, this may also cause your windscreen to steam up when you put your blowers on.
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm

mine and my missis mk4 drivers side carpet is soaked aswell, my heater matrix seems fine and my window screen does'nt steem up i didnt realy no why???
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Water Leak. 655748 Maybe someone has pissed them selves while youve been diving and nobody had noticed dave Water Leak. Lol
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Water Leak. Lol im gona dry them both out and see if they get wet agen! my mk2 used to be wet but i just fort that was heater matrix cuz that was f**ked!
i just put a avatar up now gona do a banner. yeeaaa boooyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Water Leak. Lol
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Water Leak. 395170 i used to get wet in my old mk2 lol Water Leak. 395170
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Car in bits!   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi all,
Have got the seats out and the carpet off the floor. Wet carpet doesn't smell of anti-freeze and coolant bottle level seems ok. Have run heater while watching bulkhead near pedals but no sign of leak. Also used pressure washer around door seals but nothing. Does anybody know anyone who works at VW? Thanks for all the help so far. Matthew.
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Look underneath your car and in the bulkhead for rubber bungs missing? Water Leak. Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Rixy!!!! Giza hand dude Water Leak. Lol
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:31 pm

basically you all have drain holes in the scuttle tray.

when the scuttle tray gets filled up with crap the water can no longer drain so it finds ohter ways out, in this case in your foot wells.

this is a very common problem and can be sorted by cleaning in your scuttle tray.

aso in here you will find a pollon filter. thi also gets blocked and can cause (add to) similar problems, also changing the pollon filter will make your air con more efficient.

i think there may also be similar drain holes underneath your battery

this appllies to basically all vw's
Back to top Go down

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks for that, I had planned to remove the scuttle panel to check the plenium chamber but becase the passenger side of the interior is dry I ruled out the pollen filter. Think the water was getting in through the panel above the fuseboard behind steering wheel. Poured water on it and it did leak through but there was alot of water in the car and not sure if that much could get through. All drains are clear so going to seal that panel with silicone and keep an eye on it. Cant see anywhere else the water can get in so if any more ideas, let me know. Cheers
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:50 pm

where did you pour the water?

maybe your screen needs sealing???
Back to top Go down

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi. I removed the scuttle panel and the wiper mech' to pour water directly into the plenium chamber. I am a Windscreen fitter and am sure the screen is ok. It is the original. The panel above the fuse board is only held in place by two nuts and only has a sponge seal so wonder wether it is supposed to be 100% water tight.
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 am

maybe your onto something there then
Back to top Go down

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi. Have sealed the panel above the electrics behind the steering wheel. A little water getting through there but dont think that is the main cause. Lots of talk on various forums about water getting through the doors. Most modern VWs and Audis have a plate behind the door card holding the doorglass regulator. This is fixed to the door with 10mm bolts and is sealed with a sponge seal. Water can seep through this seal and come through the door card bypassing the door seal straight into car car. Hope this helps anybody with the same problem. Busy day on Saturday trying to put car back together. Hope to see everybody on Sunday if all goes well. Water Leak. Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Leak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Leak.   Water Leak. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Leak.
Page 1 of 1