The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

mk4 tdi engine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 pm

cud ne1 help me, i got a 110bhp lump in ma golf n was wonderin wot the difference is between a 110 n a 150 wot makes the difference in power whether its ecu or tuning?????????
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 pm

mk4 tdi engine 273827 hello dude il see wht i cn find out see if my ecu makes a difrence i got a 150bhp tdi lump just sittin there
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 am

think the 150's were a complete redesign of the internals of the engine, also, injectors, turbo, manifolds, and ecu are completely different??

think a 110 will map up to about 135 ish, maybe more depending on where u get ti done, and how good your internals are....but if ya want more power, i'd get a 150 to start with??

a wise man once told me "dont build a car u can buy" mk4 tdi engine Icon_queen
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: true   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm

i see your point there rixy......i got all the 150 bhp gear 4 sale dude engine box clocks keys ecu etc

at the right price
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 pm

coolness, what is "the right price" just out of interest?? im gonna be building another muther of all track cars soon, and diesel might power it?? will be a complete hybrid though??
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: actually!!   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:57 am

good point actually,rixy i here your the man to talk to about engine conversion's........

is it possible to put this lump in my mk1 karmann?????? people are telling me it's not worth it but i couldn't dissagree more!!

im putting the mk4 dash in my mk1 and having it all smoothed and euroed! in new audi white
i desperatley want this engine in is it possible if so can you or do you know some one who will?? mk4 tdi engine Icon_question mk4 tdi engine Icon_question mk4 tdi engine Icon_question mk4 tdi engine Icon_question mk4 tdi engine Icon_question mk4 tdi engine Icon_question

mk4 tdi engine Icon_scratch cheers m8
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:09 am

of course it is possible, everything is possible.....the vw world has shown me that.......

however, it is not an easy one.....actually getting it to fit, is prob not that hard? but the wiring would be a total nightmare.......

im happy to have a go if need be, but the timescale could be huge, as it would take days of re wiring i'd imagine?? plus the need for extra fuel pumps etc, as pd's run a fuel pressure of like 120psi or something??

but would be one hell of a monster when its done, thats for sure....

You'd be better off finding an earlier 110GTTDI lump, as there were pre PD enginges, and should be easier to wire up? these can then be chipped to about 130? But if you've got the 150, and the balls to have a go, then y not??
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: ahhhhh   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:37 pm

well iv got all the fuel lines the tank all the wiring iv got a car electrician who can do the wiring it's just simply making it ready to run my m8's dad owns an engeneering company so any parts can be made literally any thing

the clocks will be going in with the dash it's just a cae of getting someone to fabricate it......i want this engine to go in but like i said everyone says impossible i still think not lol i litterally have everything i need just need someone i even have a workshop with a 4 post ramp and spray booth and jig some one help me lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:24 pm

djashleyd wrote:
well iv got all the fuel lines the tank all the wiring iv got a car electrician who can do the wiring it's just simply making it ready to run my m8's dad owns an engeneering company so any parts can be made literally any thing

the clocks will be going in with the dash it's just a cae of getting someone to fabricate it......i want this engine to go in but like i said everyone says impossible i still think not lol i litterally have everything i need just need someone i even have a workshop with a 4 post ramp and spray booth and jig some one help me lol

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. mk4 tdi engine Lol I thought it would have been basically imposible, or tremendously expensive to convert, sorry for doubting your ideas Ash mk4 tdi engine Lol .
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:33 pm

nah, in theory, the actual engine should fit in relatively easily, dpending on what gearbox u gonna run with it......

as vw have not changed the external casting of their 4cyl block for over 30 years, lol.......so they all fit, hence why its so easy to retro fit the right engines in the wrong cars.....

the gearbox will be where u struggle?? as if u run the gttdi one, that'll be cable change, and will mean fitting a cable selector and hydraulic clutch pedal assembley etc?? unless u can find a td box from a mk3 or summit? that way it'll be diesel ratios, but rod change and cable clutch??
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: well   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 pm

well like i said guys i do have everything there waiting,original gearbox tht came with the gttdi engine i literally have everything except drive shafts wiring turbo ecu everything it's just a case of making it fit like you say rixi if we can get to work on this asap i will be over the moonige haha

so where do i start?? if it's easier for me to store the car my way or yours?? i dnt mind all is well im easy just wanna get the project moving mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm

im not gonna be able to help ya for a good couple of weeks / month to be honest mate, i got this gtd conversion im in the middle of, and then i got a tdi conversion on a 1.9d t4 to do........and in the middle of this i gotta fix the missus's tdi golf......
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: busy!!   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:02 am

lol you sound busy dude well when ever your free m8.....no rush i realise this isnt a 5min job

hav a chat when i next see you n i can get some details of wht's involved probably not much after a few jars lol mk4 tdi engine Lol mk4 tdi engine Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:12 am

mk4 tdi engine 190984
djashleyd wrote:
lol you sound busy dude well when ever your free m8.....no rush i realise this isnt a 5min job

hav a chat when i next see you n i can get some details of wht's involved probably not much after a few jars lol mk4 tdi engine Lol mk4 tdi engine Icon_jokercolor

found a builder for my gttdi mk one cabby!!!!!!! yay cnt w8 to get started!!
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:16 am

mk4 tdi engine 395170 cant wait to see it done man ,i know how ya feel with mine off the road mk4 tdi engine 363629
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 am

djashleyd wrote:
mk4 tdi engine 190984
djashleyd wrote:

found a builder for my gttdi mk one cabby!!!!!!! yay cnt w8 to get started!!

Nice 1 mate mk4 tdi engine Icon_biggrin Didnt think it could happen. That cars gunna be metal mk4 tdi engine Lol
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:47 pm

indeed it will be a beast assuming all goes well :-) im up for the challenge ha ha
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: if anyone would like to help   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:12 am

mk4 tdi engine 29189 mk4 tdi engine 29189 if anyone feels there input could be of use please feel free to contact me...this car is being built to a high spec and is having many mods.....body work welding wiring fibreglass changing most parts so please contact me any help would be awesome...

im aiming to be done for rtts am i dreaming i don't think so let's see!! any mk one parts feel free to offer me them looking for loads atm
lots to do..... mk4 tdi engine 444964
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mk4 tdi engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk4 tdi engine   mk4 tdi engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mk4 tdi engine
Page 1 of 1