The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

putting a mk4 dash in my mk1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Empty
PostSubject: putting a mk4 dash in my mk1   putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 am

putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 29189 putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Icon_cyclops mk4 dash into my mk1 Karmann clipper is there anything i need to know or to be careful of?
im aware it's not goin to be easy but hey what is,can't w8 till rtts 2010 yay!!
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: putting a mk4 dash in my mk1   putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 pm

djashleyd wrote:
putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 29189 putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Icon_cyclops mk4 dash into my mk1 Karmann clipper is there anything i need to know or to be careful of?
im aware it's not goin to be easy but hey what is,can't w8 till rtts 2010 yay!!

Just thought you may need to know that it wont fit, putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Icon_geek you may have to modify it slightly so it will go in.... 9.45pm putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 737942 putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 356646 Sorry dude putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Lol
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: putting a mk4 dash in my mk1   putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm

urm...where do we start,......

I've done mk4 dash into a mk2 before, and into a mk3, and a raddo dash into a mk2, and a mk4 golf dash into mk4 polo......

urmm...what a royal pain in the arse they are too, lol.....

ha ha..

uurr... hard to explain.....but dont cut any off the width of the dash, intil its scribed to the bottom of the windscreen shape. The dash will need shortening in length by prob 6"ish iirc, and there are 2 x ways of doing this.....taking equal amounts off each end, and then remaking the ends out of fibreglass. Before u cut the end of the dash, peel the cover vinyl back, and cut under it, then make the end how u want, and re glue it back down, with hot air gun to stretch it into place round corners etc.

or...

peel cover skin off, and cut dash in half, through middle of glovebox, then remove the desired amount from there, then re make glovebox lid, and re cover dash....

the latter method will look far better, but is more complex...

also, u may need to move steering column up / down depending on what angle the dash sits at, and all your heater pipes under the sah for vents will need to be custom made / use 2.5" corrugated ducting and duct tape??

U'll also need the heater cables and what not from the mk4 on the engine, and prob need to run a mk4 style heater matrix to get it all to work properly, unless ya going to be doing away with the heater.....they re for girls anyway, i've not got one in my landy, lol.......

there is much much more to do a conversion thatn you'd think........y not go for a mk4 polo dash?? they fit much easier, use mk4 golf style clocks, and heater dials, and what not, and will generally go in and work much easier??

im guessing whatever u do, u need to run original dials, as ur immobiliser will be built into the clocks and the dash panel.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putting a mk4 dash in my mk1   putting a mk4 dash in my mk1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

putting a mk4 dash in my mk1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :) :: Whats Up Wit Ya Dub? :: Whats Ya Problem-
Jump to: