The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

steering rack

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisb20vt
Dodgy Dubber
chrisb20vt

steering rack Empty
PostSubject: steering rack   steering rack Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 pm

does anyone know what steering rack i can run on a corrado. i want a non power steering rack are they the same as a mk2 golf? steering rack Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

steering rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering rack   steering rack Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 pm

You can use a rack from a MK2 Golf, Mk3 Golf and Passat. Passat and Mk3 Golf are wide track. Corrado and Mk2 Golf are narrow track unless the 'rado is a Vr6. The track rods are interchangable so just basicly match the rods to whether yours is a VR or not.

Also manual racks use different steering universal joints, this WILL have to be changed.
Back to top Go down
chrisb20vt
Dodgy Dubber
chrisb20vt

steering rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering rack   steering rack Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:30 pm

steering rack 655748 thanks for info great help. thought it was gonna be a right headache trying to find the answer to that one. cant find a non ps corrado rack ne where

i have got a mk2 8v no power steering so i could change all that it to my rado and it will work fine? think it looks tidyer with no ps pipes etc everywhere. and nicer to drive just harder to park. you running ps in your mk2?
Back to top Go down
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

steering rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering rack   steering rack Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Well I know if you wanna put a pas rack into a mk2 golf you can use a Mk3 Golf, Corrado or Passat one so I'm pretty sure it works the other way lol! If your 'rado is a 16v you should be able to use the tie rods that are on it, might as well change the rod ends while it's off though.

Yea mine was a non pas but when I change the engine I put the pas rack in. Personally I feel it's a lot better, a lot nicer to drive and the steering has still got a good amount of feeling to it. But it's personal preferance lol!

Also remember that because you won't be using the pas pump you'll have to get a new fan belt. Also you will need the non-pas uv joint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

steering rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering rack   steering rack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

steering rack
Page 1 of 1