The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Brake caliper rebuild

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

Brake caliper rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Brake caliper rebuild   Brake caliper rebuild Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Hey guys. Basicly I'm rebuilding my G60 brakes and I'm going to get them sandblasted. Has anyone here done such a thing before?

I've already planned to get them blasted but was wondering what people do about the piston bores, surely they need protecting from the blasting process?
Back to top Go down
GTijon
Dodgy Dubber
GTijon

Brake caliper rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake caliper rebuild   Brake caliper rebuild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm

If you're intending to completely rebuild the calipers, then leave the pistons & seals in. Do the blasting, and remove the piston and seals. Leaving them in protects the machined surfaces inside the piston bore.

I found a couple of do-it-yourself pages for you to peruse, one of them has a good tip for replacing the piston back in the bore using Ty-Wraps...

Click here for Link to page - D-Series Honda

Click here for Link to page - Audi A4 Calipers

Hope these help, bud...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GTijon

Brake caliper rebuild
Page 1 of 1