The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodgy Dubber

Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Empty
PostSubject: Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.   Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Just got my mk3 on the road, bought it off Geordy Steve. He said it had been sitting for 18 months in his garage. After driving it round for about a week the starter motor seems to have packed up.. The day before it gave up it would keep cutting on and off while turning the key.. Car runs really well, all I can think is that its just seized up from sitting for so long...

Anyone got 1?????
Back to top Go down
benjaminheavey
Dodgy Dubber
benjaminheavey

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.   Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:13 pm

give a couple of day see if I can find you one mofo
Back to top Go down
benjaminheavey
Dodgy Dubber
benjaminheavey

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.   Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:17 pm

coil pack??
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.   Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Car runs a treat dude and there is nothing at all on the key.. Bumps fine..
Back to top Go down
badboyjim
Dodgy Dubber
badboyjim

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.   Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm

:dude i hate say 'i told you so' but I TOLD YOU SO!!!! it's an old nail mate,could have bought you thre same motor with full history for 400 quid. it needs a starter solenoid at the very least or a new starter......you just can't tell people....
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.   Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Right... Had a look at it yesterday and noticed that there is no clicking comming from the starter when the key is turned... You can make out a sound that indicates power getting to it.. Does this sound like solenoid.

Jim... You knew what my situation was at the time, which is why I got it. Im happy with it.. Runs sweet as a nut, cant fault it mate appart from this problem which im sure is nothing serious.. Will have it sorted in a few days..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.   Mk3 Golf Starter Motor. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mk3 Golf Starter Motor.
Page 1 of 1