The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

i need help lol

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ash
Dodgy Dubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Everytime i let go of ma throttle ma golf dies need ideas people
Back to top Go down

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 pm

air leak somewhere in the system...???
Back to top Go down
ash
Dodgy Dubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Any ideas how to stop it where to look
Back to top Go down

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:43 pm

try to see if any rubber hoses or the carb gasket base is not leting in air.. might not be that just throwing it ou there..

or spray some wd 40 around the place to see if the engine note changes you hear it...EG around the carb breather system/ where it mounts up to the manifold??

has it got points they could have closed up or timing slipped, really hard to say with out seeing hearing it..

just have a look and see what you can find...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ash
Dodgy Dubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Had a pipe of from airbox to the carb nxt to the advance and retard so pt it bk but didnt make no difference everything else seems tight so am stuck and doesnt have points anyone gt any other ideas plz
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 pm

defo check the carb gasket!!!!

if not does the car do it when cold or does it do it when hot too?
Back to top Go down
ash
Dodgy Dubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Is that half metal half rubber gasket? And it does it wen its hot and cold
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:23 pm

yeah check that gasket.

also check the warm air feed pipe that goes from a plate over your exhaust manifold to the carb
Back to top Go down
ash
Dodgy Dubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Yh tht pipe doesnt fit tite and wts the best way to check the gasket and i dwnd ma revs in the summer as it was ticking over high do u think they need upping a bit thanks for ur help mate
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm

the rubber should have no holes in it, so just gently lift the carb up, you may have to take the airbox off of the top of it, and just make sure its intact.

if it is not intact you will be drwaing to much air in which upstets the fuel air mix inside the carb which inturn makes it run like a bag of shite.

i can understand why you would of adjusted the idle, but when you do this you are again messing with the fuel air/mix,
when an old car such as yours or mine is 'set up' it will be set a specific idle and then the fuel/air mixture will then be changed, via your carb or metering head/air box in 16v/8v gti cases, to suit.

the warm air feed doesnt necessarily have to be a tight fit as long as warm air is drawn up from the exhaust manifold to your carb to prevent freezing.

Back to top Go down
ash
Dodgy Dubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:21 pm

So basically turn ma revs bk up cz wen the choke on it fine it wen choke cums of it starts
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 pm

yeah give it a try.

do you know eactly how much you turn the idle down by? i.e. how many turns of the screw?

if so turn the screw back that many turns
Back to top Go down
ash
Dodgy Dubber

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Cnt remember
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i need help lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need help lol   i need help lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i need help lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :) :: Dodgy Dubbers :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: