The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

y is my car stil lop sided?????????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

y is my car stil lop sided????????? Empty
PostSubject: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 pm

iv jus replaced all my springs wiv 35mm lowered springs as 1 was snapped, and replaced a o/s/f shock as i 4t that was the reason my car was sitting on the wonk but i jus realised it stil is on the wonk dus ne1 no the reason 4 y this is? also i hav a feelin my arb is rubbing on the drive shaft, any help wud b greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 am

if the new shock side is sitting higher, it means the new shock needs to settle.

also the new springs will also need to settle.

the passenger side in my car was lower than my drivers side, i put it down the gearbox being on that side.

why do you think your ARB/driveshaft is rubbing???? i wouldnt think it is with 35mm springs.

although if you go over massive bumps and considering you still got standard shocks that you will have a large amount of travel and then it MIGHT KNOCK.

what is the sound like???

if its a continuous knock, even over smoother/flatter surfaces then it could be your ARB, howvere if its a grinding/rubbing noise when on full lock it could be your cv's.

talk to me!
Back to top Go down
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 pm

no mate its the drivers side thats lower 4 sum reason, and i changed the rear springs bout 2 months ago n the fronts n shock bout 2 wks ago, as 4 the arb, its a constant knockin n i also noticed scrubbing marks round the drive shaft exactly where the arb is
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 am

thats strange then. what size wheels are you using?

my cars lowered considerably on 17's and only then did it start rubbing.

do you want to know how to stop it rubbin?
Back to top Go down
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 am

i got 19" audi rs6 wheels wiv 235 wide tyres, also need spacers 4 them but not sure wot size
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 am

are your wheels rubbing on the suspension?

if so youll only need 5mm (ish) spacers.
Back to top Go down
Dan34
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Your topmount could be fooked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:49 pm

the wheels rubbing on the inner arches on full lock, and i changed the entire shock coz i thought it was that at fault
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: y is my car stil lop sided?????????   y is my car stil lop sided????????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

y is my car stil lop sided?????????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :) :: Whats Up Wit Ya Dub? :: How can we all help.-
Jump to: