The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

trial fit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisb20vt
Dodgy Dubber
chrisb20vt

trial fit Empty
PostSubject: trial fit   trial fit Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:47 pm

just had a trial fit of my abf engine in my corrado and the bonnet doesnt fit the block is to tall. trial fit 739117 does ne one have the vr6 bonnet for a corrado? or can any one do alloy welding i have got the parts to make a new inlet manifold so it will clear the bonnet just need them welding together
http://clubgti.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1879886
like these in the link i think it cleans the whole engine up and look loads neater.
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

trial fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: trial fit   trial fit Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:29 am

ABF is tall block so you WILL have clearance issues.

you can either beat the bonnet with a panel beating hammer etc.
or cut down the engine mounts.

ive also heard that using the mk3 subframe and running gear helps as it is all lower.

both my mk2's have tall blocks so i know all about clearance under bonnets.

i opened your link and its got 16v turbo conversions, if this is what you are doing then as you probably know its an entirely custom job and know one ever wants to share that much info on the task.

its a popular conversion on the mainland
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

trial fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: trial fit   trial fit Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

If you want a VR6 bonnet you need to get the wings as well for they are linned together (if tat make sence) but best off luck for they are VERY rare trial fit Icon_rolleyes trial fit Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

trial fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: trial fit   trial fit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trial fit
Page 1 of 1