The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Mk 4 Clutch change

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GTijon
Dodgy Dubber
GTijon

Mk 4 Clutch change Empty
PostSubject: Mk 4 Clutch change   Mk 4 Clutch change Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 am

How difficult is this to do guys?

I'm good on the spanners, but never tried a clutch change.

Any pointers? Several forums reckon just drop the 'box, but not sure...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GTijon
monkey boy
Dodgy Dubber
monkey boy

Mk 4 Clutch change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Clutch change   Mk 4 Clutch change Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Im not very clued up on mk4's but if its anything like my caddy then you undo both drive shafts from box end, remove gearbox mount, starter motor and the selection of bolts around the box. get the car jacked up & you should be able to drop it out the bottom. but it may be completely different as that's how i done mine on a 1.9sdi

hope this can be of some help
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

Mk 4 Clutch change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Clutch change   Mk 4 Clutch change Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Pretty much the same as any other car/dub. However you will need to bleed the clutch, this requires a special piece of equipment available for about £20 from halfords etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mk 4 Clutch change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Clutch change   Mk 4 Clutch change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mk 4 Clutch change
Page 1 of 1