The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

I'm ashamed of this.... advice please

Go down 
+2
kingjeb
Worzel Dubbage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Worzel Dubbage
Dodgy Dubber
Worzel Dubbage

I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Empty
PostSubject: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:03 pm

hey guys

Right finally got the gearbox done last weekend!!!! So double checked everything, tightned it all up then all i had to do with fill the box with oil. Well seeing as ive never checked or drained gearbox oil in my life i only then went to fill the clutch housing with gearbox oil I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_redface

Safe to say a whole 1L of oil came pouring out of the clutch housing half moon plate under the car. You can still drive it but go past 3k RPM and she just slips like fook.

So im faced with the dilemma, do i remove the box AGAIN and clean it up or can i just keep flushing through degreaser/petrol through the same bung hole i filled it up with oil? The clutch was in pretty good nick so im hoping with abit of driving the oil should burn off eventually. You could smell the oil burning when i got back to mine after a 15 minute drive.

I could spray degreaser through the half moon plate then put it back on, pour some through the bung, rinse and repeat just to get the worse off?

i know im a total spanner, still.... lesson learnt I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 743162 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 743162 what a wan$%r!!! lol I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 829550 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 54625 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 743162 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 868322
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol you I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 59665 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 59665 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 59665
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Ooohhh Dude, not good news, Your best bet from my point of view is to take it appart and clean it all properly, dont worry tho man, these things happen. If you dont I think you will end up with big problems in the future, but get another few opinions dude.

I promice ill be there to lend a hand next time I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:30 pm

i would say you have to rip the box off again, and ever get clutch plate of see if can sort the mess out.but probley soaked in the friction plate and ruined it....
have to see when you got the clutch in your hands be able to say better but me thinks its new clutch...

I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_question I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_question I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_question I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_question

as its slipping from 3/4 thou mmm very low down in the rev range..

and i bet YOU NEVER DO THAT AGAIN I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol ..silly billy I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_geek , and as its just been put back together then be esy to get apart again..and again and agian.... I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol
Back to top Go down
Worzel Dubbage
Dodgy Dubber
Worzel Dubbage

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 pm

yea well i think im going to bite the bullet and get a new clutch. Now atleast it moves i can get it to a ramp/pit and get it sorted once and for all. Then im going to sell her I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_sad

Sad times but its costing me way more than i thought it would have. Need a better job lol.
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Sadly you will need a new clutch for the oil would have gone into the clutch and you will never get it out it will always be there and maybe not slip as much but shorten the life off the clutch...............but keep the faith you got a nice mk 2 there and you will be sorry to see it go for you will fix it for the new owner and he/she will have happy days I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_twisted

PS; I have seen this done before so you aren't the 1st or the last I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_rolleyes I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:29 am

as long as youve not done all the bolts up redicously tight you should be able to wip the gearbox and replace everything quite quickly.

dont give up mate. one of my cars sat in a barn for 6 months a few years ago until i bit the bullet and taught myself how to change an engine....now i seem to have engines in and out a few times a year.

its all lessons to be learnt and sometimes you just have to learn the hard way
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:22 am

yea dont give up mate im sure a few peeps will all come round help sort it, lets put a date on it and get it done so you can enjoy it. I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Quote :
yea well i think im going to bite the bullet and get a new clutch. Now atleast it moves i can get it to a ramp/pit and get it sorted once and for all. Then im going to sell her I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_sad

Sad times but its costing me way more than i thought it would have. Need a better job lol.

quit feeling sorry for yourself man up and sort it, don't sell it and if you need more money do some overtime I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 739117 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 11065
if you need a hand anytime you no where i am. ( sorry for the language man....)
Back to top Go down
Worzel Dubbage
Dodgy Dubber
Worzel Dubbage

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:21 pm

get pennies for overtime, not worth the minutes of my life for what i get paid anyway dude you know that.
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 pm

i no your complaing about money when theres overtime to be had mate thats all i'm saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:08 pm

what ever car you buy they go wrong, and you know whats wrong with yours CLUTCH...so get it sorted out..

and what i say of yours theres not thing wrong with the golf just needs bit of tidying up. easy to sort out..

it happened with my cabrio moted the thing then clutch went did think the gearbox was broken, and 3 months later got it fixed lazy me lol.. sat in my garage for 6 months...good feeling when you sort it out and buzzing around in the car....

and you could buy another vw and still brake down..they usualy do at some point.. I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Lol ..

so get a clutch for your golf and arange a date time place on here and get some bods round to fit it with you..
Back to top Go down
Worzel Dubbage
Dodgy Dubber
Worzel Dubbage

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:59 pm

tell me about it, timing chain snapped on my 53plate polo at 44,000 miles and cost me £700 I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_eek

Well just picked up more stuff from VW today, new coolant temp sensor, clip, wiring etc. Yea its just finding the time but im going to hang in there and get it sorted. I'm ashamed of this.... advice please 532171
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:52 pm

any time mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm ashamed of this.... advice please   I'm ashamed of this.... advice please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm ashamed of this.... advice please
Page 1 of 1