The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Bug Problems.

Go down 
+3
badboyjim
dave89
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:42 pm

As most of you know from the Sheringham show, my Bug sounds like a bag of nails. There was a few different opinions of what it could be as any signs of big end play where ruled out. So as I had the day off I thought id rip it appart and see what the problem is.

Firstly, Lorrain first pointed out that my main pully wheel was wobbly, so I took it appart and found this.

Bug Problems. IMG_0857

Bug Problems. IMG_0859

So that was buggered, basically it looked like an extremely tight fit and was just crammed on by whoever used to own it.

So went about taking appart the dynamo, fan housing, tin wear, carbs etc and then put it all back to see if there was rattle comming from them. Started it back up and the noise was still there, so got under the engine while a neighbour turned it over, noticed the knocking comming from the bell housing so the only option was to take the engine out to see what was up.

Bug Problems. IMG_0860

Looked in the bell housing and instantly noticed the sides of the casing where all chewed up and saw there was signs of metal shards.

Bug Problems. IMG_0861

Went straight to the flywheels and found that it was wobbling all over the place so stripped it all down, cleaned it up and put it back together. I noticed that the clutch plate was brand new, so the guys that i bought it off obviously rushed fitting it back together and didnt seat the flywheel properly. Luckily everything looked in good condition so could put it all back together.

Engines now back in, just gotta fit a couple of little bits and pieces and it should have fixed the noise..
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:05 am

and thats how you sort that f**ker out!!!!!!!!!!!! Bug Problems. Lol

well done gav beer wel urnt there Bug Problems. 737942
Back to top Go down
badboyjim
Dodgy Dubber
badboyjim

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:10 am

Bug Problems. 234758 well done gav..speedy work too bruv!
shoulda lightened the flywheel while you were at it tho! lol.
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:13 am

badboyjim wrote:

Yeah maaan. Shame I would have done but I ran out of sandpaper.... Bug Problems. 829550
Back to top Go down
badboyjim
Dodgy Dubber
badboyjim

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:14 am

Bug Problems. Lol Bug Problems. 234758
Back to top Go down
Lolly
Dubber
Lolly

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Thankss   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks Gav for nursing George back to health, All he needs is some tender loving care and he'll be fine Bug Problems. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Lolly wrote:
Thanks Gav for nursing George back to health, All he needs is some tender loving care and he'll be fine Bug Problems. Icon_biggrin

Well Lolly, im sure you will look after him when hes in your hands. Ill do my best to make him better for ya.. Bug Problems. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Lolly
Dubber
Lolly

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks, but im glad that you managed to fix him Bug Problems. Icon_biggrin I forgot to put the Sheringham photos on shall now upload them Bug Problems. Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Bug Problems. 85147 nice one gavster Bug Problems. 85147
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
Blacky
Dodgy Dubber
Blacky

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:47 pm

good work gav Bug Problems. 499702 , make sure you get all of that important tin wear back on Bug Problems. Icon_arrow
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Blacky wrote:
good work gav Bug Problems. 499702 , make sure you get all of that important tin wear back on Bug Problems. Icon_arrow

Yeah man for sure. Would you be able to have an ask around you Air Cooled buddies and see what they have??? I need a main pully wheel aswell. Ill keep lookin around the mags for prices but would rather get them from within the club.
Back to top Go down
Blacky
Dodgy Dubber
Blacky

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:57 pm

yep i'll ask around for ya, volkszone is a good place to find it, just look for twinport tinwear. you lookin for a smart pullet or a stock one?
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Blacky wrote:
yep i'll ask around for ya, volkszone is a good place to find it, just look for twinport tinwear. you lookin for a smart pullet or a stock one?

Yeah im lookin for a stock 1 preferably. You wana see the state of my ally 1, its propper buggered lol... Yeah ill have an ask around on VZi if theres nothing about. More after the pully for now as want to have it on for Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Blacky
Dodgy Dubber
Blacky

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm

ive got a stock one some where i can lend ya for a while untill you find one
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Blacky wrote:
ive got a stock one some where i can lend ya for a while untill you find one

Ahh Great stuff dude. Thats great... Thankyou.. Will give you a call and sort it buhh...
Back to top Go down
GTijon
Dodgy Dubber
GTijon

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:16 pm

SambaGav65 wrote:
badboyjim wrote:

Yeah maaan. Shame I would have done but I ran out of sandpaper.... Bug Problems. 829550

Have you not got a file....? Pmsl Pmsl Pmsl Pmsl Pmsl Pmsl Pmsl
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GTijon
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Bug Problems. Lol Like it..... Anyway peeps the Bug is running and it is SMOOOOOOOOTH.... The banging has gone and there is a constant pull in the gears now..... Slight rattle from the gearbox and from the fan housing but nothing im really fussed about.. Will change the fan housing when I get all the new tin wear.

Cheers Blacky for the pully... Bug Problems. 499702
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Bug Problems. Icon_geek nice one dude bet ya well chuffed ,chloe is Bug Problems. 499702
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
Blacky
Dodgy Dubber
Blacky

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:06 pm

no prob mate, glad she's up and running again Bug Problems. Icon_arrow
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Blacky wrote:
no prob mate, glad she's up and running again Bug Problems. Icon_arrow

He dude, its a He and his name is George ahahaha Bug Problems. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Blacky
Dodgy Dubber
Blacky

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm

arr right Bug Problems. Icon_redface , i'll have to remember that then Bug Problems. Lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Blacky wrote:
arr right Bug Problems. Icon_redface , i'll have to remember that then Bug Problems. Lol

ahahahaha Bug Problems. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bug Problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug Problems.   Bug Problems. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bug Problems.
Page 1 of 1