The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Jetta gear change problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodgy Dubber

Jetta gear change problems Empty
PostSubject: Jetta gear change problems   Jetta gear change problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:52 am

Foxy took the Jetta to work today but I had to go rescue her with the Polo as the gear stick suddenly went stiff and wouldnt go into any gears, I sent her on her way to work and had a little look around for any signs of problems. I found a couple of really worn gear linkages and perished rubbers.. I was able to drive the car back from Wisbech as I managed to find gears 1,3,4,5 and R.

Gearbox is fine as still rides smooth. Clutch is very responsive and never slips. So pretty sure its the linkages.. Any one got any more info? Is this a common fault? Any tips etc of fixing and finding parts?
Back to top Go down
badboyjim
Dodgy Dubber
badboyjim

PostSubject: Re: Jetta gear change problems   Jetta gear change problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 am

Jetta gear change problems 234758 sounds like linkage or selector arm boi....worn bushes and pop off link arms are well common on veedubs.oem linkage and bush kit is only about 30 bucks from K.L. volkswagen main dealer.bought one for the mk2 gti last yr. Other thing it might be is if you lift up the gearlever boot,sometimes the metal flap on the left hand side(which you have to push lever under to get reverse) gets bent and prevents proper selection.good luck G.
jimmy
Back to top Go down
Dan34
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Jetta gear change problems   Jetta gear change problems Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Very easy to change the linkages, happened on my old mk2 before and i only had 3-4 to get from KL to wisbech haha. I got my linkages from GSF for about a tenner all in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jetta gear change problems   Jetta gear change problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jetta gear change problems
Page 1 of 1