The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?

Go down 
+6
bridgedubber
Snaylor91
clarkiedub
kingjeb
Blacky
veedub-ush
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
veedub-ush
Dodgy Dubber
veedub-ush

Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Empty
PostSubject: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 pm

would you all be will to pay a subscription to the club??? say a small amount such as £25 par annum, to cover set up fees for events, forum work and newsletters etc
its just over £2 per week but would help someone who runs the club feel safe in the fact that if they try do something for the good of the club and it goes tits up, the funds would be there to remburse them for their troubles.
Back to top Go down
Blacky
Dodgy Dubber
Blacky

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 pm

tbh people start to get funny/drift away wen u have to start to pay to be in a club, i thought the sucess of the club up to now was because there wasent rules?? just my 2 cents tho.
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm

yeah man i'm not sure about that, given the past events/no shows maybe it would be an idea to stray away from events to save club owner money
Back to top Go down
clarkiedub
Dodgy Dubber
clarkiedub

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:03 am

I'm afraid I disagree, clubpolo is a very active club with lots of members and clubstands at every show and it's a 5er a year which people disagree with and that's with a membership pack so I think 25 a year is a tad extreme

just my thought :
Back to top Go down
Snaylor91
Dubber
Snaylor91

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 am

to be honest, if this forum/ club wasn't free i wouldn't have joined.. There's so many about, but its good to be part of loads for more info/ help/ parts etc
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 am

thats a defo no from me!

as im a member of every other local forum, theres plenty other ones to chat on

whats expensive about meeting at a pub every month?

also newletters are a waste of time considering theres a forum to find out/post everything and anything you need to know
Back to top Go down
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

It would be a no from me too.

Although Dodgy dubbers has some good people in the club, and i've had a laugh with a few of them I think you overestimate the size of this club. Considering what clarkiedub said about clubpolo, I did some research and clubpolo has 40,697 registered users. We have 122. I'm not putting the club down I'm just saying perhaps we're trying to overstretch ourselves in terms of what it actully is.
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 pm

id also agree there's no point in a news letter people would only throw it in the door pocket of there car/ bin,
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 pm

i really dont understand why the club needs so much dosh when the woolpack is free?????? what has to be paid for then???
Back to top Go down
veedub-ush
Dodgy Dubber
veedub-ush

PostSubject: perhaps Tim is right?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 pm

we should just meet every month in the pub and not bother with anything else!

no runs to organise, no club runs anywhere, no fancy dress disco type things, no food supplied when at the monthly meets.

this has all been funded in the past by our now ex-leader Tim, as a means of trying to make the club work.

the organisation that goes on behind the scene is enormous and he has been doing this for over two years.
Back to top Go down
Snaylor91
Dubber
Snaylor91

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Theyre not saying they dont appreciate it, theyre saying there's so many similar local, bigger clubs (ec-dc, fendubbers etc) that are free to be a part of so charging people to be in this club would put people off and just use the other clubs
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:55 pm

veedub-ush wrote:
we should just meet every month in the pub and not bother with anything else!

no runs to organise, no club runs anywhere, no fancy dress disco type things, no food supplied when at the monthly meets.

this has all been funded in the past by our now ex-leader Tim, as a means of trying to make the club work.

the organisation that goes on behind the scene is enormous and he has been doing this for over two years.

we do appreciate the things tim has done, and the club has come aalong way from the first meet.

food at the monthly meet is a good idea and i dont think people would mind paying for a buger /hotdog on the day to cover cost.

and the cruise to sherringham is good, it works.....

your taking what people say wrong veedub-ush
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:56 am

Id like a buger to dave.... Laughing Yeah my opinion is that for this club to continue as it always has done, I think trying to charge people that dont want to be charged and then frouning uppon those that dont attend things will just push everyone else away. Dont all make a big thing of it, just keep meeting as friends at the local every month to chat and chill out... There is no leader... YOU ARE ALL INCHARGE OF THE CLUB... You are the ones that discuss whats going to happen, you are the ones that attend the meets and make new friends... You run the club guys... Just enjoy it from now on and dont talk about each other as if your all let down... NO WORRIES!!!! KEEP DUBBIN!!!
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:09 am

exactly well said Gav
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:25 pm

true that
Back to top Go down
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Agreed. If I wanna go to a meet, I'll go. If I have other things to do, other plans, work, or the weathers shit, I won't. I don't wanna feel like I'm expected to turn up to every event/meet that the club plans and get talked to like a fucking mug on here when I don't.
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:36 pm

BOOM BABY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:41 pm

o no he didn't!
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:46 pm

i think he did
Back to top Go down
veedub-ush
Dodgy Dubber
veedub-ush

PostSubject: I was only saying its a shame ?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:10 am

I was only seeing what the general thought would be?
no-one has said anything about trying to subscribe.
just toying with idea's that may work to help people who set up something for us all to enjoy, but then have a no show or poor turn out.
like you all say if your happy with just the monthly meets that is fine.
I know there are plenty of forums for the watercooled' s of the club, but not so many for us air-cooled (locally anyway).
I know there is no leader to the club but some one is always trying to set things up for the club to participate in.
who will do it from now on, if Tim has stopped???
what about spit and polish? etc....
dn't mean to cause angst between peeps, its a forum for disscussion thats the whole point of a forum...?
regards too all!
ushtoo

Back to top Go down
veedub-ush
Dodgy Dubber
veedub-ush

PostSubject: get talked to like a fucking mug on here when I don't.   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:19 am

to answer your comment, no one has spoken to you like a F-mug. lol
I have merely tried to suggest a possible way of trying to get more people involved in the running of the club!
instead of sitting back and waiting for the summer months.
If everyone is ok with the understanding that the monthly meets go ahead as normal, but if they want anything else to happen it is up to them to organise it between themselves.
this is ok with me, I will still turn up every month if I can make it? like everyone else has the choice!
I also have other clubs to go to!
we had a very good evening the night of the fancy dress, in which I made some very good friends within the club, it was just a shame that there wasnt a bigger turn out, and it cost Tim some money to set up.
I hope my comments wont stop anyone fromn attending the meets.
This is a forum for discussions, and to throw questions and answers back and forth on, not to show distaste or dislike to/for fellow members.
Tim might not of been the leader of the group, but he will be greatly missed by the club, as he did do a lot of organising of great events.
Back to top Go down
Snaylor91
Dubber
Snaylor91

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:55 pm

There's ec-dc which do air and water cooled which is local and fendubbers and theres usually more topics and post and just general happenings on there so yeah i'll try to get to meets if im not doing anything, and will try get together with people to shows etc but if i had to pay i'd just use the other 2 forums which are bigger, more used and free if you understand where im coming from?
I'd prefer to spend that money on my car I love you
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:37 pm

Snaylor91 wrote:
There's ec-dc which do air and water cooled which is local and fendubbers and theres usually more topics and post and just general happenings on there so yeah i'll try to get to meets if im not doing anything, and will try get together with people to shows etc but if i had to pay i'd just use the other 2 forums which are bigger, more used and free if you understand where im coming from?

good answer
Back to top Go down
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 pm

bridgedubber wrote:
Snaylor91 wrote:

good answer

Agreed
Back to top Go down
GTijon
Dodgy Dubber
GTijon

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 am

To be honest, for a fella like me "Out in the sticks", it's an expense that would be unnecessary. Being out in Yarmouth, a trek out to your way every month just isn't gonna happen. I enjoy the fact that the club members are like family, and we help each other whether it be verbal help, or "hands on". To put a subs on the club would mean for me - to be truthful - I won't. Although I love my dubs, I don't live and breathe them like you guys. I can come to relatively local meets (Sheringham), coz it's not so bad mileage-wise.

My opinion is: keep it free, Then organize monthly meets etc, but if there's any major meets, then organize the convoy, and all organize your own tickets.

Am I on my own...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GTijon
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?   Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Subscriptions, what do you think??? reply with your views?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next