The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

wheel spacers

Go down 
+3
clarkiedub
k4rltdi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:38 pm

hi all i got 19" rs6 alloys on ma mk4 golf with 235/35 tyres on, but they rub wen on full lock, jus wonderin if any cud tel me wot size spacers and bolts i wud need n where i can get them from
Back to top Go down
clarkiedub
Dodgy Dubber
clarkiedub

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:00 pm

yh i have the same problem, i bought some universal spacers from halfords in lynn, they do the job, think they were around 10 pound for a pair, you can try my 3mm ones see if they work if you want
Back to top Go down
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 pm

nice 1 mate, i hav seen them in halfords but sum1 told me they need 2 b vw spacific, ill pm u in abit
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:36 pm

k80 n krl wrote:
nice 1 mate, i hav seen them in halfords but sum1 told me they need 2 b vw spacific, ill pm u in abit

Nahh I doubt you will need specific, I bought those same spacers but in 10mm for my mk2 Polo, fit just fine and yeah was fairly cheap, they made all the difference wheel spacers 655748
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 pm

theoretically you "should" have hubcentric spacers, and longer bolts to suit, as all vw wheels are hubcentric, meaning the weight of the wheel sits on the raised hub lip on the disc / drum.

The universal ones from halfords are not hubcentric, as the centre hole is too large, and not a tight fit on the hub ring. This will work, but is not ideal, as the weight and centre of the wheel is all hanging from the bolts and threads themselves.

Fine generally if you're onyl running a couple of mm spacers, but deffo not recomended.

The hub centric setup also means the wheel will be bolted up completely central to the axis its spinning on, as if you run 4 or 5mm spacers or bigger, you'll not be on the hub centre anymore, meaning the wheel could well be bolted up tight a mm or so off from centre, and you'll get bad vibration, as if out fo balance.....

does this make sense???or am i just babbling on now, lol??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:35 pm

wheel spacers 785274 Jesus Rixy is there anything you dont know... haha. wheel spacers Lol . Yeah I had to get longer bolts but I dint seem to have any issues with vibration, I found that my 4 stud pattern didnt allow the spacer to move at all but may be different on other cars.

I have also just realised that my spacers being 10mm take up all the lip on the hub and so the full weight is on the bolts, when fitting them I counted 8 complete turns on each bolt, does this sound sufficient wheel spacers Icon_scratch wheel spacers Icon_question
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:38 pm

lol, sorry mate, like i said, i been around vw's since i was about 15, lol, and been building cars constantly, encountering many many problems and learning all the time, lol......

Urm......8 turns should suffice, i was once told that 6 full turns is fine, so 8 should be good :-) up to you though, its your car, and your wheels, if you're happy,then they'll be fine :-)

As i've said, small width spacers are fine, or will be fine, but larger ones should deffo be hub centric.....
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 pm

What would you class as small and big spacers? My wifey drives it so want to make sure im not putting her life in danger...
Back to top Go down
clarkiedub
Dodgy Dubber
clarkiedub

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 pm

i used some grease to stick my spacer on the wheel before i put it on so that it lined up right, but if you only want to see what size you need to buy or to get you out of a muddle it should be fine
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 pm

clarkiedub wrote:
i used some grease to stick my spacer on the wheel before i put it on so that it lined up right, but if you only want to see what size you need to buy or to get you out of a muddle it should be fine

its not the spacer on the wheel you need to to worry about, its the wheel on the hub....

but yeah, as i've said, many many people use these all the time, and are fine, and will deffo get u outta a muddle......
Back to top Go down
clarkiedub
Dodgy Dubber
clarkiedub

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:45 pm

i dont use it anymore, it was just after my tyre blew after rubbing on the coilover i thought i had to prevent another messy pants moment lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:47 pm

wheel spacers Lol Like it....
Back to top Go down
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:56 pm

where can i get hubcentric spacers from then rixy n do uno wot sort of price r they?
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 am

venom motorsport bud, they are prob one of the easiest places to get some from??
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Rixy wrote:
venom motorsport bud, they are prob one of the easiest places to get some from??

There is a place in Wisbech (motorworld) that does them wheel spacers Icon_rolleyes I think about 20 notes for a set wheel spacers Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:14 am

you could get some spiggot rings that would fit onto your hub and then the spacer would then fit on to the ring. this ensures that everything is centralised.
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:48 am

arent they just the normal ones though, not the hubcentric ones??? or do they have to order them in? as hibcentric ones are for each individual car make and model.......
Back to top Go down
ruth
Dodgy Dubber
ruth

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 am

Not sure if they still do but we used to sell hubcentric ones at sca race and rally center in norwich... they are to order but you can call and check prices 01603 789909. sorry i cant remember prices though, however it would be a full kit (with bolts)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubgeneration.co.uk
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:50 pm

they do indeed, sca sell everything, and dont sell any crap, so they'd be worth a shot......
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 am

Rixy wrote:
arent they just the normal ones though, not the hubcentric ones??? or do they have to order them in? as hibcentric ones are for each individual car make and model.......

yeah the spiggot rings are size specific i.e. 57.1 internally to fit snug on the hub and then what ever size is needed to fill the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:13 pm

I was toooo tight to buy some for the back off mine so I made use off a grinder and cut some old disc's and use the face off them for spacers HAHAHA and it works just as well wheel spacers Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:07 am

indeed it does? and they are hubcentric :-) seen this done a few times over the years :-)

you could even run them up to a machine shop, and get them lathed down in thickness if you need a smaller width spacer, or weld 2x of them togher and then get machined up if u needded wider ones??

i'd bet they'd still be far cheaper than buying proper ones??

then u just need longer bolts?
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 am

Thats pretty cool, I aint hurd about doin that before... wheel spacers Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm

BugGav68 wrote:
Thats pretty cool, I aint hurd about doin that before... wheel spacers Icon_biggrin

Well you have seen it then without knowing HAHAHA ,when you saw the back off my car, eating the Jag 20D down the road sooooo you have seen it in motion as well wheel spacers Icon_geek wheel spacers Lol wheel spacers Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wheel spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel spacers   wheel spacers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wheel spacers
Page 1 of 1