The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

lowering a beetle...........

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

lowering a beetle........... Empty
PostSubject: lowering a beetle...........   lowering a beetle........... Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:27 am

hey guys, im after a lil bit of knolledge.....

a, how do i go about dumping a beetle, with cambered rears
b, what do i need to do it
c, how hard is it
and
d, whats its likely to cost????

i may have found a bug, but its suffering badly from the 4x4 look and needs to be scrapping the pans!! low'n'slow is the way to roll.......... lowering a beetle........... 234758
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering a beetle...........   lowering a beetle........... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:23 am

does anybody know..........
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: lowering a beetle...........   lowering a beetle........... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:51 am

Well dude some people do things differently on the front, and you have the option of an adjustable beam, or drop spindles, the spindles will only drop your front about 2.5" but with a beam you can wind the front end down to the ground, If you plan on doing this you maybe best to get a narrowed beam 2" or something, as to give you enough clearance.

You can always fit an adjustable beam, wind it down half way and then fit drop spindles. This will keep your ride soft.

With the rears, these are on splines. What you have to do is make sure your front is where you want it then remove the stopper plate thingy on the back think you need to take rear arches off as when you pull the rod out the spline thingy the arch is in the way, then you just fit it back however many splines lower to match the front, you might need to do this a couple of times to get the correct ride height. Im sure its roughly the same as what alot of people do with the Saxo's, 205's, Clios, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lowering a beetle...........   lowering a beetle........... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:51 pm

just the same as gav has put ..

backs to lower are free just your time..and alot of sweat as long as everything comes of and is free from rust"bolts".. 2 splines is the most people go for but you can go 3 splines..or a combo of inner/outer spinles..very easy to do..

fronts can be done cheap as well best way if want in ground is weld in a beam adjusters..but going to low with them can make you handling rubbish and very harsh suspension...drop spindles with adjustable beam lowering a beetle........... Icon_sunny ..but drop spindals push your wheells out more so get a narrowed beam to bring them back in line or go silly narrow and get scene points lowering a beetle........... 499702 ..result.. lowering a beetle........... Icon_geek ..

get on vzi or volks zone lots of aircooled people on there for advice and i mean lots .. lowering a beetle........... Lol ...

look me up if you do KINGSMITH lowering a beetle........... Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
The zer
Dodgy Dubber
The zer

PostSubject: Re: lowering a beetle...........   lowering a beetle........... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Gis a shout ill help ya.Done it a few times now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lowering a beetle...........   lowering a beetle........... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lowering a beetle...........
Page 1 of 1