The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

lowering rear on a beetle.......

Go down 
+3
dave89
mal666
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

lowering rear on a beetle....... Empty
PostSubject: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:23 pm

hey guys, ive finally got round to getting an adjustable front beam, should be turning up tmrw or thu, me and my old man guna have a crack at putting the beam on, but have no idea how to do the rears!! so.........anybody want to earn a few pennies be doing it for me??? really wanna get it down for sherringham......... lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:08 am

anyone............???? lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:41 am

never done it before mate so id be no help!!!!!! im sure gav or tim no a lil bit.
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:47 am

Im hopefully getting my Bug back today from Jason West (hopefully lol) So Iv got a fair bit of work to do on that before the weekend. I need to go over everything and make sure i aint gunna conk out on the way to Sheringham. So wont be able to help before Sunday, but will be about to help you out after.

But Mal, Put the front beam on and if you run out of time with the back then It would still have a Cal stance. Nose down, ass up. They look cool. I do prefure to see it slammed all round but I wont have time to do mine like that either.
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:54 am

well i see your beetle in his garage y,day the boot lid was up against the wall so he must of at least stood there for abit looking at it lowering rear on a beetle....... Lol lowering rear on a beetle....... Lol lowering rear on a beetle....... Lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Hahaha, It passed the MOT last night, I aint got a stay on the deck lid so it has to come off to work on it. Hopeing get it back later today or first thing tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:47 pm

sweet sweet lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 am

ok guys, the front end of my angie has been down now since may and im getting really depressed at seeing the rear skybound and as my mate who was suppose to be helping me do it has decided he wants to be piece of knob chedder im seeking some help..........
i need somebody who can do it for me......not expecting a charity help i dont mind parting with some readies so long as i get it done. id really like a little use out of a smalled bug before she comes off the road for winter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:25 pm

give the zer a ring bud he done his so i should think he could do it matey
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:53 pm

i neva did get that number u sent buddy.........
Back to top Go down
mustard
Dodgy Dubber
mustard

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Mal, I've got a book that tells you how to do it, If you can fit a new beam you should be able to lower the back as it's not too difficult. I'll lend you the book if you fancy having a look.

John.
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:30 pm

cheers dude, found info online, just not really able to do it myself at the mo, im sure il get it sorted soon tho.......fingers crossed, cheers again buddy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:13 pm

i dont know much on beetles but there must be someone on her that does maybe garry(zer)
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:07 am

ok ive had the back end of my bug in the air now for 2days and neither me or my brother know what the hell we are doing!! Question its been lots of "How the hell" and "What the f*#k" lol! somebody who knows whats what pleeeeaaaaaassssseee help us out............. Mad
Back to top Go down
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Have you been on any beetle forums and looked for a guide/write-up? Seems to me it's somthing someone would do.
Back to top Go down
hasekna
Dodgy Dubber
hasekna

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:01 pm

checked all them earlier, none of them have the same set up as mine so dont know how much they'd differ in coming apart!! they mine doesnt have a 2part swing arm......or the large beam coming right thru the rear suspention beam!! thats whats been confusing us
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:17 pm

do you have another car mal?? if so just jack it up and start taking it apart it'll seem to make more sense in bits and looking at it. id help but dont know a thing on beetle suspension and its a time factor aswell thats why i havent been on here in ages. im suprised gav dont know he had a beetle im sure he lowerd it. if not when you 3 ill come help see if we can sort sumthin.
Back to top Go down
The zer
Dodgy Dubber
The zer

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Ill come n sort it for ya mal.Wont be next week but prob week after tho. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:45 pm

lowering the rear for bugs is mostly the same , get the rear brakes and drive shafts hubs out of the way so the spring plate is free undo the spring plate cover mark the angle remove the spring plate and move it round on the splines to how you want to lower it by...

very easy to do as long as everything cpomes apart , so plenty of wd 40 on everybolt for a week before you try and do it...

owwww and as well the rear wings i think as they get in the way????? mine was in bits when dropped my old bug...

the zer knows he's done his before.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:52 am

Ok guys...... Begging time again...... After 18months the rear of the bug is still sky bound..... Its been fine and ive liked the rake look up until recently again...... Pleeeaaase, is somebody able to lower the rear for me. Beers or tea can be provided or even pay now im workin part time again. Just really want it done, so...... Anybody?? :-)

Mal
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:53 am

bloody hell mal you still hant got this done!!!! ill txt you a phone number for a guy who can do it inbox me your number on here or facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lowering rear on a beetle.......   lowering rear on a beetle....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lowering rear on a beetle.......
Page 1 of 1