The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

advice needed.......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

advice needed....... Empty
PostSubject: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:54 pm

ok the secret is out! i now have my beetle, advice needed....... Fresse

ok now for the advice..........i want it lowered!! what do i need?? where do i get it?? and who can help me get it done?? i got penies sat burning whole in my pocket to get it done!! would be blooooooody awsome if i could get it down for sherringham..........
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:54 am

Im up for it dude. Got Jack, Axle stands, general sockets and spanners. Ya need to see if you can get a beam on ebay or something. Dont think theres a great deal you can do properly without a beam.
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:30 pm

i have in my possesion a pair of weld in adjusters for a beam, if there's anybody anygood and brave enough to weld them in...........although i'd rather just buy an already done beam if anybody cud point me in a direction. looked on ebay and found some but been warned there over priced..........
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:02 pm

umm someone was addvertiseing these a while ago was it on here or ec-dc?????
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Quote :
if there's anybody anygood and brave enough to weld them in

i'll get em welded at work if you give me the parts, and let me know how and where you want welded
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:27 pm

er......pass lol, lost on this one im affraid, dont know how it all works yet, hence prob just buy an already done beam and sell these bits onto someone who knows what there doing advice needed....... Lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Mal, get on www.volkszone.com and ask there, this is the countrys biggest online aircooled forum. Brian Burrows runs it, the guy that organises all the main events at the pod. Ask on there and they will point you in the direction. That is your best bet and once you have the diagrams give it to albert coz his welding is spot on. You can definatly have this done by 23rd. We all here to take it off and put it back on.
Back to top Go down
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Quote :
That is your best bet and once you have the diagrams give it to albert coz his welding is spot on

thanks gav but i must say not my welding but i can just get a fabricator at work to do it for far less, could even get you it powder coated just gonna cost to get the guys to do it in there lucnh break etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:40 pm

i do know off a really cheap place for a beam but my brain has gone empty at the moment???? and its narrowed by 2inches with adjusters..

get back to you..

but it is easy to weld in the adjusters, cut out the old clamps and weld them back in one by one...easy...so nothing twists and moves around,but very different if you want a narrowed one lots more work...
Back to top Go down
mal666
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
mal666

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:41 am

i was told i could go anything upto a 4" without having to cut anything about ie track rods etc.........i was only looking at 2" tho as i think mine already sit in little bit. i'd like some real narrowing but i just dont think it'd be practical
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:41 am

maybe Jason West might know how to do this in Sutton Bridge.
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:44 am

You dont need it narrowed untill you slam it to the floor, The front end on mine is wound right down on an adjustable beam and suspension is rock hard, Iv got a standard width beam and its fine. I agree, get hold of a 4" beam and deck it coz it looks the tits lol.

Fit drop spindles on a bought beam. Its not too good to weld on adjusters and slam it so its rock hard, and thats all it will do the lower you go. The better way is to buy 1, more reliable. Get a free Cool Air catalogue by calling 01322 33 50 50, Narrowed beams are available with all the assembly parts and are not too expensive brand new (well reconditioned) A haynes manual will also tell you exactly how to do the rear and tell you also about the front assembly. The rears camber in further the more you drop it.

Check out some of these sites for info. Bit random but just search Google.
http://www.funkenblitz.com/beams.shtml

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search_keywords=lowering+rear+end&search_forum=3

http://www.volksworld.com/news/blog/262017/drop-spindles-for-the-vw-bug.html

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/archive/index.php/t-14679.html
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:29 am

bridgedubber wrote:
maybe Jason West might know how to do this in Sutton Bridge.

Not till mines done..... advice needed....... Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice needed.......   advice needed....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

advice needed.......
Page 1 of 1