The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Engine Conversion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:58 am

Engine Conversion 525110 Im just curious as to what kind of engine will drop straight into the 1993 Mk2 Polo. Would like to upgrade to a 1.6 (not GT) or 1.8. What sort of work would be involved if I wanted to fit a 1.8 8v GTi engine from a golf Engine Conversion Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:13 am

you need to ask rixy from ec/dc mate he does engine conversions Engine Conversion Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 pm

they wont fit mate, largest u can sensibly fit in a mk2 polo is the 1.3 GT....

However, with a 1.3 GT lump thats been breathed on, 80 odd bhp is easily acheivable?? i've seen gt's with over 100bhp, and my old one had about 85 and they go like the clappers!

But to put anything much larger in, you need to start modifying chassis legs (i.e cutting them off and welding mk2 golf ones on etc....) or cutting and re stitching sections in to make the aperture wider?

The 1.4 Mk3 golf lump can be fitted, witht he multipoint injection system from the GT polo engine, and works quite well, but i've never done one of them??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
ady
Dodgy Dubber
ady

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Rixy wrote:
they wont fit mate, largest u can sensibly fit in a mk2 polo is the 1.3 GT....

However, with a 1.3 GT lump thats been breathed on, 80 odd bhp is easily acheivable?? i've seen gt's with over 100bhp, and my old one had about 85 and they go like the clappers!

But to put anything much larger in, you need to start modifying chassis legs (i.e cutting them off and welding mk2 golf ones on etc....) or cutting and re stitching sections in to make the aperture wider?

The 1.4 Mk3 golf lump can be fitted, witht he multipoint injection system from the GT polo engine, and works quite well, but i've never done one of them??

have you done a mk2 vr6 conversion dood? if so i'll need to have a chat with you at some point.. Engine Conversion Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 am

Engine Conversion Icon_mad Oh what a bummer.... Dunno dude, had a G40 so if I was to put a new engine in it, I would want it to be quicker than that. What about the option of Turboing the 1.4 golf engine? Then obviously upgrading certain engine parts..?
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:01 am

you could?? but im not sure what'd be involved in that to be honest?? obv lower compression pistons, prob new rods, then a custom manifold (or a g40 turbo one) and custom downpipe, then u got injection system, you'd need uprated injectors (g60 ones id imagine) and one hell of a custom remap??

Again, prob better off running g40 wiring and ecu, as it "should" run outta the box with that??
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:02 am

ady wrote:

have you done a mk2 vr6 conversion dood? if so i'll need to have a chat with you at some point.. Engine Conversion Icon_wink

not yet......but its deffo one thats on my to do list......if i dont do one for someone else, im doing one for myself, lol......

i dont mind having a go, if u dnt mind it taking longer than usual?
Back to top Go down
djashleyd
Dodgy Dubber
djashleyd

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: question time.....   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Engine Conversion 273827 What can i fit in my mk1 golf cabriolet was gonna do the gttdi lump outta the mk4 golf.....seems if it's gonna be a lot of work.
any ideas??
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:15 pm

djashleyd wrote:
Engine Conversion 273827 What can i fit in my mk1 golf cabriolet was gonna do the gttdi lump outta the mk4 golf.....seems if it's gonna be a lot of work.
any ideas??

dunno bud?? i may well have a tuned g60 lump coming up for sale soon? that'd fit? or anything else, mk3 golf 2.0 8v? 2.0 16v raddo lump? or, go for a GTD?? they can be tuned to be faster than a gti? and go like the clappers, plus u get lots of economy, and the ever funny puff/plume of smoke??
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Engine Conversion Icon_evil Oi you cheeky buggas, start your own bloody topics.Engine Conversion Lol This ones about my Polo.... Engine Conversion 655748
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:36 pm

sorry........ Engine Conversion Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Rixy wrote:
sorry........ Engine Conversion Icon_geek

Engine Conversion Lol Will any of your above mentioned fit in the Polo? Engine Conversion Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Rixy
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm

nope, sorry, not with ease......the most trouble free are the ones i said about the other night? but anything larger than a 1.4 is a "big block" in vw terms, and will not fit??
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Rixy wrote:
nope, sorry, not with ease......the most trouble free are the ones i said about the other night? but anything larger than a 1.4 is a "big block" in vw terms, and will not fit??

Ok, fair play dude Engine Conversion Icon_biggrin Will have a think on it. Like the idea of a 1.4 Turbo.
Back to top Go down
ady
Dodgy Dubber
ady

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Rixy wrote:
ady wrote:

not yet......but its deffo one thats on my to do list......if i dont do one for someone else, im doing one for myself, lol......

i dont mind having a go, if u dnt mind it taking longer than usual?

cool mate, just need to find a suitable mk2 and a mk3 vr for the missus so i can break hers lol.. i'll let ya know Engine Conversion Icon_wink

sorry gav! Engine Conversion Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engine Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Conversion   Engine Conversion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine Conversion
Page 1 of 1