The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodgy Dubber

Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 am

God im bored of the Jetta, just isnt doing it for me unfortunatly. Its a lovely clean motor. its just I dont feel as tho it has any personality and the only way to fix that is to mess around with it... Im feeling keen to keep away from the usual vdub mods as this would just make it the same as everything else.

I really like how there has been talk on here about combining hot rods with vdubs, it seems to me alot of people are keen to make changes and are not affraid to be different. Iv got an idea for my Jetta which id like to share with you all so here goes. Mostly metal fab which im sure someone in the club can help out with.

Fit in a V8 of some sort, was reading a thread on another forum about this being done to a mk2 golf using a small block chevy 350 cubic inch V8, rear wheel drive, rear arches majorly modified to comfortably fit fat drag tyres. Bonnet and wings extended and Mk2 Golf round head lights fitted covered with a full length (wing to wing) mk2 style grill to give the look of the pic below. Re shapes arches without plastics, widening the wings to sit flush with the lip of the origional arch, as below also. Hardest bit I thnk would be making it a 2 door. While still keeping the lines of the car flowing...
Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. ZOOPS_3_MOD%2520resize

With the wheels, old skool vdub so thinkin early beetle hub conversion then chuck on some EMPI's or some fuchs.

Im gunna have to photoshop something as I cant explain the look more than just "standard Jetta with american styling on front and rear. Possibly keeping the whole project Black and Red as it is now.

So another option would be a Rover V8 donor car and a written off 3 door Mk2 would give me stuff such as engine, transaxle, brakes etc, and the 3 door conversion from the mk2...

Then a stainless side exit on either side. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
k4rltdi
Dodgy Dubber
k4rltdi

PostSubject: Re: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

i love ur thinkin gav, that wud b 1 sweet ride, if any1 is capable u cud do a roof chop lol
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

PostSubject: Re: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 pm

love the idea bud ,but this is a huge project ,think before you leap man ,if you do this then mucho respecto as it would look pretty cool Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
badboyjim
Dodgy Dubber
badboyjim

PostSubject: lovin it   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:17 am

Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. 234758 yeah baby!...i'm all over that man...wisbech engineering are the fellers for fabrication,they built cookies pop...bloody expensive tho. gonna roof chop my mk1 caddy too so we can be volksrodders together!...on that tip does anyone have an old school exterior sun visor for sale or good home? not bug or camper as it needs to be pretty straight!
Back to top Go down
badboyjim
Dodgy Dubber
badboyjim

PostSubject: Re: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:19 am

Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. 234758 if you're worried bout 4 into 2 door..pick up it.
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 am

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pick up....... I like it...
Back to top Go down
mr ol'skool
Dubber
mr ol'skool

PostSubject: Jetta Truck   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Add a pickup bed section removed from a passing caddy , build new sturdy box section chassis rails and join the two bit together.....simples peeps !

I have seen a 3 door Golf Pickup a few years ago done this way and it looked very good quality work, not an undertaking to consider quickly, also I have been told of a 5 door Golf pickup done the same way, it has the advantages of more doors and would look kool, like an American crew-cab / exrta-cab truck, but much, much lower already.

mr ol'skool.........day dreaming of projects that 'could be' Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Been looking at the Jetta on Photoshop and I think itd look the tits as a V8 pickup... Love the advice mr ol skool... Think im gunna get a new motor for Foxy then have the Polo so I can get the cutter out on the jetta.. ahahaha.... Need to do some serious planning before hand tho but lets get cuttin....hahahahah
Back to top Go down
badboyjim
Dodgy Dubber
badboyjim

PostSubject: Re: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. 234758 MAD GAV and the plasma cutter massacre...luv ya style bruv.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.   Some Mk2 Jetta ideas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Mk2 Jetta ideas.
Page 1 of 1