The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Empty
PostSubject: all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti   all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:22 pm

hi, the mechanism is still functioning as it should but no movement and i can't see the rear of the wiper, please help i can't clean my windowscreen and they don't call me clean screen Phelps for nothing all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
GTijon
Dodgy Dubber
GTijon

PostSubject: Re: all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti   all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 pm

kingjeb wrote:
hi, the mechanism is still functioning as it should but no movement and i can't see the rear of the wiper, please help i can't clean my windowscreen and they don't call me clean screen Phelps for nothing all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_lol

So what DO they call you then...?!!

Is the linkage complete..?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GTijon
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti   all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:08 am

probably best to strip out the set up and give it a clean.

is it front or rear wipers?

iv had cars before where the linkages have seized solid and no matter how much elbow greese theres no budging.

its pretty easy to remove front or rear wipers. pop the back panel off and it will be self explanatory, however be careful with the the front as its a tight squeeze and reguires patience to work it out slowly and scratch free
Back to top Go down
GTijon
Dodgy Dubber
GTijon

PostSubject: Re: all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti   all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:42 am

Most importantly, TAKE PHOTOS of the linkage B4 you start stripping it down, makes it easier to put it back together again with a pic of it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GTijon
kingjeb
Dodgy Dubber
kingjeb

PostSubject: Re: all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti   all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm

thanks guys i'm gonna have a go sunday maybe.. no rain at the moment so hopefully i'll make it.
thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti   all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

all window wipers stopped working on a 89 mk2 gti
Page 1 of 1