The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

borrow A coilover spanner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

borrow A coilover spanner Empty
PostSubject: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:36 pm

i dont know if this is right palce to put up??

but has anone got a c spanner x1 for coilovers i can borrow or have or buy as only got one with my car and want to get my ride up highter a touch borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question ..

i have observed its just a bit lob sided a touch and the fronts just a bit too LOW borrow A coilover spanner Lol ..

if anyone can help a smashed sump man borrow A coilover spanner 868322
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm

!!!!!! Smashed Sump???? no spanner dude but has something happend on the way home..??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:16 pm

mmmm not smashed wrong word put down but got some good hits in very very bent...not good at all was hard work driving it that low on roads like that.

and as the shows are always of the off the beaten track with rought roads needs to come up some.. borrow A coilover spanner Icon_scratch and me only got one borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question ..

sorry mate you got left behind mate....i dont think we ment to do that..next time get you chained to another car so it cannot hapen again borrow A coilover spanner Lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 pm

You should have stuck me on the roof rack borrow A coilover spanner Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:21 pm

next time gav next time your my new luggage....you have been warned borrow A coilover spanner Lol ..
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Hahahaha borrow A coilover spanner Lol
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:08 am

maybe ive misread your first thread.

but dont you say youve got one, you just want another one??? why do want/need 2 to alter your suspension???

if ive misread im sorry. but if i havnt then......you should only need one c-spanner to do the job. along with some penetrating fluid and wire brush/rags to give everything a clean up before you attempt to move anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:38 pm

bridgedubber wrote:
maybe ive misread your first thread.

but dont you say youve got one, you just want another one??? why do want/need 2 to alter your suspension???

if ive misread im sorry. but if i havnt then......you should only need one c-spanner to do the job. along with some penetrating fluid and wire brush/rags to give everything a clean up before you attempt to move anything.

well yes you are right i have one.. but i am under the impression that you have to unlock the two locking rings from one another borrow A coilover spanner 499702 where you need two.. if you just move then both together then they would just move around lower then selfs???
over time borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question ..

and they not been fitted to long ago few months so with really good luck they wont be seized borrow A coilover spanner Lol ....

so my question still stands does anyone have another one i can use have or nick borrow A coilover spanner Lol or am i that wrong borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:53 pm

they seize quite quickly and the rings are only monkey metal. so a quick spray is always good.

yeah the 2 c-spanner method would work however i move the top one up and then the bottom down and that generally splits them apart from eachother.

and in my experience (currently have 3 cars on coilovers and have had others but i dont know everything) the rings/plates dont move over time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm

bridgedubber wrote:
they seize quite quickly and the rings are only monkey metal. so a quick spray is always good.

yeah the 2 c-spanner method would work however i move the top one up and then the bottom down and that generally splits them apart from eachother.

and in my experience (currently have 3 cars on coilovers and have had others but i dont know everything) the rings/plates dont move over time.

yee mate not nocking you experience mate if thinking that.. but like said there is a reason they have two rings to lock together thats all.. and mine have i thing as the thing does not sit level bit pissed ...but it could be the guy who fitted then not getting then level... borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question borrow A coilover spanner Icon_question very slightly out mind but i have noticed it...me so bad for that..
i just dont like bodging things if can get the right tools straight for the job...i want them... borrow A coilover spanner Icon_geek

if you know what i mean.. borrow A coilover spanner Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:07 pm

mite not be wot your looking for but when my coileys seized ive got a hefty wrench that'll undo pretty much anything because when i went to undo my coileys they were that seized i bent the coiley key they give you (c spanner) and bashing them with a chissel and hammer eat into them so best way i found was wd40 and hefty wrench!!!!!!!! i dont mind lending it if you need to borrow or ill pop over some tym.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 pm

i know what you meani have a massive adjustable that probley fit...its me just wanting the right thing ...bit to anal really... borrow A coilover spanner Lol

just from past experineces have the right tools and even if dont use you still have then if you do!!!

afew peolpe have said you dont need them..

maybe leave it mate and see what happens going to be sorting it out in next few days as need to rip the sump of at same time...and weld some streghing plate to bottom of it... borrow A coilover spanner Lol well not me thats to much hard work to get my welder out..
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 pm

borrow A coilover spanner Lol borrow A coilover spanner Lol you love it!!!!!!!!!! ok mate not a problem let us no hoew you get on.
Back to top Go down
vdubburf
Dodgy Dubber
vdubburf

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 am

i should have a c spanner from my coileys kicking about somewhere. If that would work, your more than welcome to borrow it buddy!!!
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 am

if you needed 2 they would supply 2!

on another note...work out which side sits lower/higher and change it.

the passenger side maybe lower when your out of the car due to the weight of the gearbox but when you get in the car that will bring the drivers side down.

my mk4 front suspension is set at different heights to make it level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: borrow A coilover spanner   borrow A coilover spanner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

borrow A coilover spanner
Page 1 of 1