The Coolest Bunch Of Dubbers 2013 :)
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
*** Club meets 2013 are on the 2nd sunday of every month at the Angel pub in Watlington!! Why not come along and say hi :-) ***
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FacebookHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup guys Rasta All club meets will be held at the Woolpack pub on the second Sunday of every month from 1pm onwards. See you there, *Trouble*

URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!

Go down 
+2
Trouble
Dan88
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan88
Dodgy Dubber
Dan88

URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Empty
PostSubject: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey everyone, after speaking to Gav the other week about an overheating problem on my mk1, we got that fixed. But a couple of days ago my gearbox completly gave up URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_sad URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_sad

So this an urgent call for help for anyone that has or knows of anyone that has a spare 5 speed manual gearbox for a 1800 8v gti that I can buy from them (gearbox code is 4Y).

Many many many thanks to all,

A very very very sad and annoyed Dan URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:39 pm

i will have a ring around for ya bud and see what i can do
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:41 pm

No way Dan, what a pain in the arse. Will have a hunt.. URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Is that the best they can do?????? I will look for one and I will also help to fit it BA URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Dan88
Dodgy Dubber
Dan88

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:03 pm

many thanks guys, I hope it gets done soon Sad
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:46 pm

a guy who lives out the back of barbie boy has one because when i got the gearbox for jack he said he had a gti gearbox. i dont imagin he will want a lot ill phone him now mate.
Back to top Go down
Dan88
Dodgy Dubber
Dan88

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:48 pm

thanks buddy, lets hope its not too much
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

his phone is off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_evil URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_evil URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_evil and im at work else i would knock on his door.
Back to top Go down
Dan88
Dodgy Dubber
Dan88

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:19 pm

oh no Sad well i spoke to a guy called Pete in long sutton earlier that Ady put me onto and he can get a box and fit it for £150-200. would everyone agree thats a good price?
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 pm

yea pete is jasons brother thats where he will get the box from i imagin??? ummm i spose the price is good compared to a garage but i dunno if id wana pay 300 notes for a gear box. you could always ask him to get you the box and see who will be willing to help on here, that would save you some cash it depend if you just want it done and dont have the ball ach doing it.
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Was that you offering there Dave lol. Ill be up for it mate, URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_king
Back to top Go down
dave89
Dodgy Dubber
dave89

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 pm

i dont mind helping out but im only learing myself. lol so would need some one with such exsperiance as you to keep a close eye. URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 pm

I dont mind giving advise from a distance with a bottle of beer in my hand, sounds good to me URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Trouble
Club Founder
Club Founder
Trouble

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 pm

speak to dj ash buddy he got one for ya for 20 bucks if you take it out ,well cheap dood these are like rocking horse poo
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=187757558998
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh shit yeah!!!!
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:40 am

price all depends on condition!

changing a gearbox isnt too hard. as long as there's 2 of ya, you should be alright, one to hold it up while the other bolts it together.

depending on which box you get you will also need the different plate to; this plate fills the gap left between the bell housing and the block/sump. its basically a guard against muck and grit.

oh and one final thing.....dont start your engine until you are 100% sure all wires and earth straps are attached...otherwise youll blow your ECU
Back to top Go down
Dan88
Dodgy Dubber
Dan88

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:14 am

yeah i've already spoke to ash about his, but its a bit too much hassle for me beings as it still needs taking out of his car. think i might just give it to pete to save all the ball ache. he can get it down in about 3 days if we let him know today
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:57 pm

saving 0ver 100 must be a hassle

but then again it all depends on condition.

id want to try the box out before paying so i knew how much id want to pay for it.

it could be like stiring a bowl of vagina rather than changing gear. if everythings worn out
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Gav [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] wrote:
I dont mind giving advise from a distance with a bottle of beer in my hand, sounds good to me URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol

yea we know that Gav HAHHAHAHAHA URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 pm

bridgedubber wrote:
it could be like stiring a bowl of vagina rather than changing gear. if everythings worn out

URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Barbeeboy wrote:

yea we know that Gav HAHHAHAHAHA URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Lol

It makes sence... URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! 499702
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Ben   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:08 pm

bridgedubber wrote:
price all depends on condition!

changing a gearbox isnt too hard. as long as there's 2 of ya, you should be alright, one to hold it up while the other bolts it together.

depending on which box you get you will also need the different plate to; this plate fills the gap left between the bell housing and the block/sump. its basically a guard against muck and grit.

oh and one final thing.....dont start your engine until you are 100% sure all wires and earth straps are attached...otherwise youll blow your ECU
Ben you won't blow the ECU on a mk 1 because the mk 1 is tooooo old for that and not only that if you didn't connect up the earth wire the engine won't start at all URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_rolleyes URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_rolleyes
(it is known to fit a gearbox on your own, on the older cars, because I have done it before and I know other people who have done it as well URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_wink )
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
Dodgy Dubber
bridgedubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 am

anythings possible by yourself but with aniother pair of hands its a lot less stressfull

and yes the car wont start wiggy and on a mk2 it also wont start if the gearbox strap isnt connected cuz the ECU pops.

oh well carry on and forget that i tried to offer some suport
Back to top Go down
Dodgy Dubber

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Chill guys, its good ta have different points of view on the matter, where just helpin Dan with his gearbox problems... URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy
Dodgy Dubber
Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Chill guys, its good ta have different points of view on the matter, where just helpin Dan with his gearbox problems... URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_biggrin

I'm chilled as a penquin,I just don't want people to get the wrong info that could be very worrying to the owners of their pride and joy's and also helping others right where needed URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_wink URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_cool URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!   URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

URGENT ATTENTION!! Gearbox needed!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next